Quality Control Scientist I
Princeton, NJ 08701
#1376: Quality Control Scientist I
The purpose of this role is to apply basic knowledge of principles/theories and concepts to develop solutions to technical problems of limited scope and to perform basic tests and analysis in the Quality Control Analytical Chemistry Laboratory. This role will conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols while keeping appropriate records, providing information to other departments/clients.
- Accurately generate data using validated test methods and SOPs in cGMP environment.
- Demonstrate technical competence in the use of wet chemical techniques and instrumentation pertinent to the job purpose.
- Tests chemical components or products using major laboratory instruments such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, pH meter, viscometer, etc.
- Notifies laboratory supervisor when OOS results are obtained and may assist with gathering data and documentation of notifications in Trackwise.
- Performs quality control testing of media, reagents, and identification materials.
- Maintains adequate inventory of media and materials required for testing.
- Notifies laboratory supervisor when OOS results are obtained; may assist with gathering data and documentation of notifications in TrackWise.
- May assist with special projects as needed.
- Assists in revising SOPs or methods.
- Responsible for the general use of quality systems (e.g. Trackwise, Documentum, LIMs, etc.)
- Assists in troubleshooting instrument or method issues.
- Assists with investigations.
- May assist with training less experienced employees.
- Must provide thorough documentation in laboratory notebooks, ensuring compliance to test methods and specifications.
- Maintains training logs to comply with current SOP requirements.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must ensure safety regulations are adhered to in the laboratory.
- Must comply with all company policies.
- Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related science required.
- 0-2 years’ experience in cGMP analytical laboratory.