Groton, CT 06340
VP of Operations
Full Job Description
The VP of Operations will support the President and CEO in their endeavors to continue growing the company and acquiring new entities, while managing and improving a wide array of functions across both of their sites. If you are someone who can pivot between projects effectively, provide meaningful feedback to management all while earning the respect and cooperation of the experienced department managers and staff, then we want to hear from you.
To succeed you must be eager to travel between the two companies (a 2 hour drive) on a regular basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a wide array of operational work streams across two sites (2-hour drive between one another) that service and sell laboratory equipment to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and academic/government sectors.
- Manage workflow across all major functional areas of both businesses – including but not limited to Sales, Business Development, Internal Operations, R&D, Procurement, equipment service delivery, Quality Control, Human Resources, miscellaneous projects and initiatives, etc.
- Serve as a significant liaison between employees and CEO / President of both companies.
- Prepare management feedback, reports and updates on capabilities and performance across all areas of both companies – both verbal and in written format.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to set goals and track performance.
- Develop procedures and mechanisms to create clear communication, collaboration, structure, meetings, follow-through, and goal setting across all areas of both companies.
- Work with engineers and CEO / President to enhance sales efforts and cross-selling opportunities across both sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to learn and utilize automated work flows.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to hold people accountable while garnering respect and encouraging strong performance.
- Ability to communicate with CEO / President in an articulate and concise manner, delivering key information to help guide business decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as liaison between employees and CEO / President.
- Ability and eagerness to travel between two company sites that are 2 hours from one another.
- Reliable, quick responder, and desire / capability to complete workflows efficiently and speedily.
- Ability to follow all tasks through completion in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- College degree; MBA degree preferred
- 2-5+ years in Operations role
- Operations Management: 2 years (required)
- Work Location: Multiple locations