PRINCIPAL CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER
Denver, CO 80012
Job DescriptionThe Principal Chemical Process Engineer provides strong, technical leadership and documentation in the area of process development and manufacturing process support in assigned group or plant. Researches, develops and implements new and innovative process chemistry, engineering and technology that significantly improve the environment, safety and cost aspects of manufacturing. Interacts with management in developing project objectives, department goals and site concepts & strategies; advises management regarding technical opportunities and advances.
- Provides day-to-day support to manufacturing and process development, at times requiring attention outside of the normal work hours. Support includes troubleshooting and continuous improvement of equipment and processes as well as participation in change control, deviations, and investigations.
- Leads interdisciplinary teams that identify, evaluate, develop and implement process improvements and optimization that: ensure process robustness; reduce costs; improve yield, cycle times and product quality; resolve or prevent environmental, health and safety impacts; reduce downtime, and improve process consistency.
- Evaluates new process fits into manufacturing equipment; has good grasp of process fit issues – safety factors, standard cost, equipment, chemistry, unit operations.
- Leads technology transfers in preparation for process scale-up / manufacturing; develops and implements innovative process scale-up technologies.
- Develops and implements detailed technical plans for large projects, including successful technology transfers, providing leadership and technical project management.
- Leads process validation efforts, including control strategy development, validation strategy/master plan, validation protocol development, and validation assessment/reports.
- Initiates and follows through on the development and implementation of new and innovative process chemistry, engineering and technology that significantly improve the environment, safety and cost aspects of manufacturing.
- Participates in setting production standards; Responsible for participating in the budget process for large scale technology transfers and/or research projects.
- Supports manufacturing through authoring operating procedures, SOPs, guidelines, PSI packages, process models, process validation documents, and participates in the assembly of technology transfer packages.
- Supports the growth and retention of knowledge capital via the process technical library by authoring lab, campaign, process investigation, process optimization, and process fit reports. Ensures that documentation is consistent with the process filing.
- Coaches, mentors and trains less experienced engineers and other operations personnel on technical and business issues; encourages excellence by others to operate following the Corden’s values and through positive feedback for good technical and teamwork