Central Engineering Manager
San Antonio, TX 78201
The Central Engineering Manager uses sound engineering practices, construction management skills and construction knowledge to develop, plan and execute new construction and renovation projects. Develops project scopes, obtains bids, coordinates design, oversees construction, oversees equipment acquisition, equipment startup, and assists with validation activities. Is responsible for process improvements and all regulatory compliance requirements for equipment and facilities. Will act as the primary project manager to ensure all projects are on time and within budget. The Central Engineering Manager will have overall project technical responsibility ensuring coordination with key stakeholders in the organization.
- Maintains responsibility for the development of documents for support of projects including project scopes, presentation of conceptual designs, capital requests, specifications, schedules, project expenditures, project procedures, correspondence, startup procedures and cost estimates.
- Participates in the creation and approval of contracts and coordinates professional engineering and architectural services.
- Coordinates, supervises, and provides fiscal tracking, quality control and safety oversight for new construction and renovation projects.
- Is accountable for all aspects of project implementation including achieving established technical goals, maintaining the approved budget and established schedule.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision of outside vendors and interfacing with internal stakeholders.
- If necessary, will act as a general contractor to accomplish construction activities.
- Provides customer-oriented service while ensuring the use of sound engineering practices and fiscal responsibility in the accomplishment of construction activities.
- Ensures all approved capital projects meet regulatory and cGMP requirements.
- Requires excellent written technical skills, utilizes industry recognized project control and documentation techniques.
- Will have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline, such as Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare and interpret engineering drawings, technical correspondence and project documents. The Central Engineering Manager should have knowledge of applicable codes including building codes, electrical codes, NFPA and cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Requires engineering experience to plan strategies, execute projects and programs for continuous improvement for all capital projects completed.
- Demonstrates significant experience in the areas of aseptic operations (manufacturing and laboratory) including facility and equipment design, regulatory compliance, process development, and validations,
- Proven experience utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- The Central Engineering Manager must be extremely resourceful with both internal and external sources.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain priorities while executing multiple projects.
- Requires professionalism, leadership, integrity and trust with regards to internal stake holders and vendors.
- Experience developing teamwork with entities internal and external to the Engineering Department.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The Central Engineering Manager must possess excellent computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets and project management programs.
- Will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of engineering specialties.
- Will possess knowledge of the design of aseptic pharmaceutical air handling and utility systems.
- Will be responsible for communicating to vendors, contractors and consultants the technical requirements for a project.
- The Central Engineering Manager will have experience in the application of utility systems, production equipment, packaging equipment and processing equipment as it relates to the pharmaceutical industry.
Bachelor of Science Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering) from a four-year college or university; minimum 8 years experience in supervision of equipment projects, process projects, facility projects, engineering projects, and supervision of facility functions. Proven track record of bringing aseptic pharmaceutical projects to completion. Demonstrated experience in the manufacture of such products within a GMP environment and the regulations that apply is essential.