Field Inventory Specialist
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Field Inventory Specialist
This position has operational responsibility for the field stock management program designed to ensure that products deployed to Consignment Hospitals and Account Managers are used in the most efficient manner to maximize our investment in inventory.
This role analyzes sold vs. shipped and other performance and expiry metrics for stock usage and facilitates the re-allocation of idle stock to locations where it can be sold prior to expiration.
This position is in our Commercial Operations team which supports our sales force and hospital customers. It requires a collaborative and strong service focused outlook when working with field staff and consignment hospital customers, as well as a sense of urgency and responsibility in completing targeted stock re-allocations.
Reports to VP Commercial Operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to use multiple reporting resources to identify and prioritize product SKU or unit targets.
- Ability to clearly communicate stock movement requirements with our Account Managers to ensure completion.
- Must communicate with Account and Regional Managers to ensure initial consignment levels are appropriate for the business opportunity.
- Contacts Account Managers to address underperforming consignment customers to reduce idle SKUs and to right size unit quantities.
- Collaborates with Regional Managers to help them drive improvement for the stock efficiency of their sales team (Consignment and Account Manager stock).
- Targets high value lots expiring each calendar Quarter for re-allocation.
- Coordinates product returns to Malvern warehouse and facilitates rep-to-rep stock shipments as needed.
- Works closely with the Operations team on inventory controls and participates in the demand planning program.
- Coordinates SKU and par level updates to consignment agreements with Commercial Operations B2B Team.
- Prepares and presents Quarterly stock management program progress reports for management (Finance, Sales, Operations).
- Assists with stock discrepancy resolution to facilitate product billings
- 4-year Degree, and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experienced inventory management and analytics background
- Strong experience using ERP systems and Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fluid environment, manage time efficiently, achieve goals with minimal supervision and effectively interact with other employees, departments, hospital customers and business partners.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal. Comfortable picking up the phone to resolve issues or require product returns.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong service focus towards both internal and external customers.
- Ability to track and report key performance measures (KPIs), consolidate data, and present results to leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve operational challenges.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment with a strong team of experts.