Product Manager – Biopharma
Cedar Falls, IA
Biopharma Product Manager: 1788
The Product Manager, Biopharma Segment is a global position leading a cross functional team responsible for the growth of the Biopharma product line. Responsibilities include P&L management, product portfolio strategy and day-to-day execution of the business. This cross functional role will include strategy development, product roadmap design, product development, pricing excellence, and marketing through commercialization. This position is an integral part of the Segment’s leadership team and requires leadership coaching and development of direct reports.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, lead, and develop a growth-focused product line strategy for Biopharma. Responsible for the new product and sustaining product management success of a high priority, high investment product portfolio.
- Provide product management leadership, from concept to commercialization to obsolescence. Develop long-range product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of the product platform. This includes identifying, establishing, and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders. This role is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
- Serve as the leader of a cross-functional team, leading voice of customer research, multi-generational product definition and road mapping, product and service features, performance requirements and tradeoffs, product value proposition and business case. Output of this work will inspire and align the Senior Leadership and Segment Leadership teams, RD&E, operations, and sales.
- Analyze and incorporate impact of key markets, technical trends, customer needs and competitive offerings for products. Develop differentiated product roadmaps, rank new product features and functionalities, and recommend investments to drive product growth.
- Serve as Biopharma champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and key account team members. Will maintain close interaction with field Sales teams through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Leverage Corporate and Segment Business Development resources to create licensing, partnership, and/or acquisition strategies that expand product portfolio.
- Ensure pricing framework enables field sales success by determining optimal catalog prices, providing appropriate level of pricing/discounting, responding to competitive opportunities, and meeting profitability objectives.
- Define product level messaging and positioning across all channels.
- Champion an “80-20 for growth” culture to drive alignment across functions and disciplines in support of the customer. Manage the business based on customer needs utilizing pertinent metrics to measure business performance.