St. Louis, MO
Title: Supervisor, Quality Control Analytical
Function: The QC Supervisor will be responsible for oversight and throughput of testing. The QC Supervisor will also perform data review functions, investigations and reporting of laboratory test results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Prioritize and coordinate completion of testing to meet timelines and budgetary commitments.
- Review data and reports ensuring precise and accurate testing and information.
- Carryout laboratory investigations.
- Train laboratory employees in the use of equipment and analytical methods.
- Solve complex analytical problems.
- Follow cGMP, DEA and OSHA guidelines with regard to work practices and safety.
- Qualify, calibrate, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Write, review, and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Review and revise laboratory systems on an ongoing basis.
- General laboratory maintenance.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Capable of writing protocols, reports, investigations, and laboratory documents.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and software.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations for method development, validation, and transfer.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field and ten (10) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- One (1) to five (5) years in a supervisory or management role preferred.