Job DescriptionThe Commercial Analyst will report to the VP, Sales Operations and primarily assist with financial and operational analytics supporting the commercial organization. The analyst will also support Corporate Finance activities including budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc analysis as needed. This role will support senior leadership at the site, business unit, and corporate levels, and is therefore a key role in the Commercial team.
- Support the commercial organization by performing financial analysis related to business development activity, proposals, new project awards / losses, and other related metrics.
- Update presentation materials for the monthly commercial reviews and commercial sections of monthly business unit reviews.
- Update and publish the commercial scorecard monthly, including analysis of key business trends.
- Seek opportunities to improve the utility of current KPIs and reporting tools including the migration of legacy Excel and PowerPoint based reports to cloud-based visualization tools
- Partner with sales team and Salesforce administrator to ensure CRM data quality and integrity.
- Perform analysis of key product trends including revenue and profitability.
- Support routine FP&A activities including budgeting and forecasting as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in a quantitatively oriented field such as Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis and/or corporate finance roles
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with senior management
- An action-oriented, positive, problem-solving approach
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com (preferred) and financial systems such as Hyperion (preferred)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau (preferred)