Mt Ivy, NY
The Corporate Paralegal is responsible for supporting corporate legal matters including particularly: preparation of SEC filings (and relevant exhibits); preparation of materials related to the Board of Directors and other corporate governance matters; and litigation support.
- Assists with the preparation of the company’s SEC, including Section 16 reports, quarterly and annual reports, proxy statements and registration statements.
- Files the company’s SEC reports and registration statements using desktop software and coordinates with outside services such as printers.
- Maintains the company’s internal SEC files.
- Assists with shareholder and employee stock transactions and coordinates with transfer agent and employee securities trading platform
- Assists with and helps coordinate the Company’s annual stockholder meeting.
- Assists with preparation of materials and logistics for the board of directors.
- Oversees ministerial matters relating to Company subsidiaries and corporate books and records.
- Conducts corporate governance research.
- Prepares and coordinates processing of Director & Officer Questionnaires, Board and Committee Charters, Board and Committee Self-Assessment Questionnaires and other corporate policies and guidelines.
- Supports all aspects of litigation management in a variety of corporate legal matters.
- Organizes documents and coordinates document production in response to discovery requests.
- Supports in-house review and processing of documents and pleadings.
- Coordinates with legal vendors regarding photocopying, imaging, and preparation of exhibits.
- Assists in drafting of case summary reports and conducts related research and analysis.
- Prepares internal litigation-related financial and accounting reports and coordinates with other internal departments to provide case status updates and financial forecast updates.
- Assists with contracts and contracts administration, including responsibility for the Company’s contract life-cycle management system and process.
- Assist with maintaining intellectual property filings and management of IP portfolio.
- Assists with preparation and coordination of due diligence for business development and other transactions and preparation and review of disclosure schedules and other documents as required.
- Conducts research as requested by attorneys.
- Helps maintain internal legal department files and updating legal resources/volumes.
- Performs routine office duties such as, photocopying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Management of outside counsel invoicing and analysis and ensures the timely processing and payment of law firm invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years of corporate paralegal experience, including SEC filings, corporate governance and litigation support.
- Prior experience working with contracts and contracts administration preferred.
- Prior experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of SEC filings, litigation, and contracts management based on relevant prior in-house or law firm experience.
- Strong research and investigative skills.
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency with, or demonstrated ability to learn and work with, other software applications used by the legal department, including for submitting SEC filings, conducting legal research, and conducting litigation support.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Legal Assistant or Certified Paralegal desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, thorough, thoughtful and efficient.
- It is essential that this individual demonstrate the ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Superior organization skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, inquisitive, desires to learn and expand knowledge and skillsets.