Associate Scientist, Bioconjugation
Our client, a rapidly growing biotech company, is seeking to expand our in-house bioconjugation and protein chemistry capabilities to help advance quality compounds toward the clinic. The successful candidate will have a strong background in chemistry or biochemistry and a passion for driving drug discovery projects from the bench. The primary responsibilities will be working in the laboratory to synthesize, purify, and characterize novel bioconjugates for testing as potential therapeutics. In addition, the candidate will be a member of multidisciplinary project teams, collaborating with stakeholders in medicinal chemistry, antibody engineering, biology, and other functions to set project strategy. This opportunity is well-suited for early career scientists seeking the opportunity to quickly grow into roles of increasing responsibility. Candidates with backgrounds in medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, and related disciplines interested in transitioning into a new field are encouraged to apply.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Synthesize bioconjugates using established (e,g, lysine-NHS, cysteine-maleimide) chemistries and contribute to the development of new methodologies.
- Purify bioconjugates by different modes (e.g. SEC, affinity, UF/DF) using benchtop and automated (e.g. AKTA FPLC) methods.
- Characterize bioconjugates using multiple techniques (e.g. UV/Vis, HPLC, and MS).
- Present written and oral reports to multidisciplinary teams.
- Contribute to the build-out and upkeep of an expanding laboratory through maintaining shared equipment, assisting with general laboratory housekeeping in collaboration with our Lab Manager, and developing processes for improving workflow efficiency.
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- 1-2 years of research experience in a laboratory setting
- Hands-on experience with preparation, purification, and characterization of therapeutics molecules required
- Previous hands-on experience with bioconjugation, antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates desired
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of chemists, protein engineers, and biologists
- Proficiency with operating common laboratory equipment and maintaining laboratory infrastructure
BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field