Project Manager – New Products
Job DescriptionManage resources and cross-functional efforts to successfully achieve customer deliverables and project objectives for contracted development and technical transfer of active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates.
- Drive adherence to contractual commitments: develop project plan including resources, timing, milestones, and deliverables. Track, monitor, and report key performance metrics including expenditures v. budget.
- Manage and control multiple projects to meet objectives.
- Act as a liaison between the company and customer project manager to ensure mutual agreement of contract scope and schedule.
- Monitor trends and drive continuous improvement of the project management process.
- Develop and distribute periodic reports on project performance, issues, risks, and schedules of key activities, events, or milestones.
- Identify, escalate, and facilitate resolution of manufacturing, supply chain, or quality issues that may adversely affect project performance goals.
- Ensure risk assessments and appropriate risk mitigation plans are established for projects at every phase of the contract.
- Collaborate with R&D, Quality, and Operations to understand critical to quality product requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of RFP's
Minimum BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Ten years’ experience in Pharma industry, with at least 5 years in Project Management or equivalent combination of education and experience and experience in API process development and external customer communications.