King of Prussia, PA 19406
This position will be an integral member of the Finance Group and will report directly to the Associate Director - Finance. This position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The Senior Accountant will also ensure adherence to the corporate close calendar and timeline in support of financial reporting requirements. This role also performs review and analyses of consolidated financial information and supports annual audit and SOX compliance in connection with external auditors.
- Perform daily accounting operations for the Company including preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information. • Maintain and balance general ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure monthly financial statements accurately reflect the current operations of the Company and assist in completing budget to actual analysis.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance including documenting processes and ensuring controls are being followed.
- Run financial reports including trial balances, balance sheets and income statements.
- Demonstrate ability to research accounting topics, prepare effective analyses for management review and stay current on technical accounting matters.
- Support accounting team on simplification initiatives within corporate accounting.
- Work with outside auditors and consultants to ensure quarterly reviews and year end audits are completed.
- Support financial reporting needs at month and quarter-end.
- Leverage ERP functionality to access data efficiently.
- Assist in ERP upgrades, budgeting process and departmental analysis.
- Protect organization value by keeping information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years accounting experience; Big 4 experience a strong positive
- Experience at Corporate level of finance (vs. divisional)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP requirements
- Proficient in Financial Systems, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Initiative, resourcefulness and with great attention to detail
- Works collaboratively across finance functions and helps facilitate success
- High commitment to deadlines and strong customer service orientation is required
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Displays high level of integrity
- Self-motivated and results oriented