Vice President Product Development
Whippany, NJ 07981
The Vice President of Product Development provides strategic oversight of planning and prioritization of product development for the company and its clients. This position reports directly to the General Manager and drives the strategic direction of the Drug Development business.
Product Development consists of three functional areas: Formulation Development, Analytical Development and Project Management
- Head the Product Development group
- Budget, plan and direct development activities for both current and new products. Drives financial and operational performance.
- Confer with scientists, regulators and clients to plan and review R&D and product development projects
- Oversee technology transfer activities
- Provide management oversight to the division and key technical and strategic consultation
- Use knowledge of pharmaceutical development, pharmaceutical technologies, regulatory affairs regulations and laws Assure PD compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement the R&D, project development and operational goals
- Provide administrative management for the division by approving capital and major operating expenditures consistent with operating plans; approve major proposals/COS submitted by the sales and the division.
- Manage staff assigned to the division by hiring, developing, appraising, and motivating division senior management and technical staff. Approve or delegate the approval of hires, terminations, disciplinary actions, promotions, and salary adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pharmaceutical background with experience working in a CDMO environment
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Competitiveness – Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Self Confident – The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to remain sedentary for periods of time
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment
- PhD in Pharmacology or equivalent preferred
- 15+ years of experience