Charlotte, NC 28115
We are searching for a Production Supervisor, 12 hour Night Shift, with a client in the Charlotte, NC area!
Position Summary: Responsibilities: This position is responsible for supervising shift operations in a fast paced manufacturing environment that produces OTC pharmaceutical products according to cGMP requirements. The Supervisor in this position will ensure adherence to established safety, quality, and production standards, and maintain a competitive advantage in our industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate and coach shift teams to achieve department safety, quality, and production goals, including changeover, cleaning, processing, and packaging activities.
- Ensure compliance with all FDA, OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Ensures right first time production through ownership of the team’s activities, ensuring products are produced according to batch record instructions and standard operating procedures
- Demonstrate ownership of and adherence to facility and equipment standards
- Organize the shift team to provide optimal use of personnel and equipment
- Hold direct reports accountable.
- Conduct performance evaluations, monitor compensation and overtime
- Motivate and communicate in order to maintain good morale and adherence to standard work
- Conduct thorough shift exchange with both supervisors and operators
- Follow weekly production schedule, predict production start and finish times, coordinate raw material and component delivery with the warehouse, and order production batch records
- Conduct routine housekeeping inspections and observe team behaviors to ensure consistency with standard operating procedures.
- Prepare for and participate in both internal and external safety and cGMP audits
- Lead investigations into safety, quality, and production downtime events, determine root cause, and develop effective corrective and preventive actions
- Develop and revise standard operating procedures.
- Communicate cross-functionally with safety, quality, and maintenance support leaders, escalating problems in the plant that can impact safety, quality or productivity and propose solutions while demonstrating due diligence to fully understand problems and communicate clearly
- Collect and analyze relevant production statistics using data spreadsheets.
- Conduct recruiting interviews; recommend hires, promotions, transfers and discharges.
- Cross-train in other production areas in an effort to be able to cover during vacations and absences of other Supervisors.
- Proactively manages shift to meet labor and scrap cost standards.
- Ability to quickly learn technical processes and machinery to assist with real time troubleshooting and decision making for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervise 15 – 25 team members
- High School Diploma/GED - Degree preferred
- At least 2 years prior supervisory experience in a GMP/pharmaceutical manufacturing or similar regulated manufacturing environment
- Committed to high level of ownership of safety, hygiene, quality and GMP practices
- Demonstrated trouble shooting ability, excellent attendance and safety record, strong work ethic
- Ability to coach, motivate, and hold employees accountable
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required; must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced, team oriented, ever-changing manufacturing environment
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Associate Degree, Technical Certification/Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- More than 2 years supervisory experience in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Confectionary, pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5 S and Kaizen events
- Knowledgeable in cGMP and 21CFR