Sr Specialist, Supply Chain Process & Technology
Philadelphia, PA 19019
The Senior Specialist for Supply Chain Process and Technology has three main areas of focus with additional duties as assigned. The role is primarily responsible for enabling and maintaining third party connections for drug product serialization and traceability. In addition, the position encompasses the set of activities associated with on-boarding new manufacturing partners and managing product introductions and changes including product setup in SAP, finished goods labeling technical review, assessing launch requirements, evaluating RFPs for established and new products. The incumbent will also work with internal groups at the company as well as partner organizations on Key Performance Indicator (KPI) compilation, monitoring, and trend analysis for Manufacturing, Packaging, and Distribution process improvements.
- Conduct systems integration activities as needed for serialization and EDI.
- Establish and maintain project plans and timelines for 3rd party connectivity.
- Assess functionality of B2B connections and identify avenues for improvement.
- Explore options for implementing digitalization and Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Monitor serialized data exchange and process transactions requiring manual intervention working with IT and third parties to resolve concerns in real time.
- Coordinate supply chain projects requiring technical interface – system or process enhancements, solution implementation, and new technology installation with IT, Master Data Management, Engineering, QA, service and technology vendors.
- Provide Project Management interface for Supply Chain, facilitating new partner and product set up in SAP/serialization system.
- Facilitate serialized unit, case, and pallet label preparation and approval.
- Assess new product launch requirements and support RFPs through scenario analysis for both new and established products.
- Compile metrics (KPIs) for all third-party manufactured products and perform trend analysis to identify areas of concern.
- Evaluate manufacturing and packaging processes at CMOs from a continuous improvement and cost savings perspective.
- Present findings and recommendations for process improvement.
- Maintain status of third-party connection and serialized operations.
- Provide governance for continuous improvement efforts establishing SOW, RACI matrix, RAID log, meeting minutes, Gantt charts, pFMEAs, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have at least 5-7 years GMP, Pharmaceutical industry experience. Background in technical analysis with an understanding of business functions, supply chain operations.
- Lean, six sigma black belt certification.
- Engineering or Business degree at Bachelor or Masters level.
- Project management training and experience leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of serialization concepts and EPCIS systems.
- May need to sit or stand for long periods of time. Should be able to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time. Mostly domestic travel within the US.