Manager, Infrastructure and Maintenance
Cherry Hill, NJ
Manager, Infrastructure & Maintenance
This role will manage the Critical Utility Systems at the site using the tools and concept of reliability based maintenance to meet the needs of production and to ensure full compliance with FDA Guidance and site SOP's. Responsibilities include the administration, development, implementation, integration and on-going operation of critical utility systems (Plant Steam, Clean Steam, Chillers, Oil Free Air, WFI, Hot Water , HVAC, Building Management Systems) inclusive of a Preventive Maintenance Program that includes all facility and process related equipment and services at the site. This position is also responsible for the daily activities associated with the site Energy Program and Environmental Monitoring Program (BMS/EMAS),
- Responsible for the site's Facilities Maintenance Program. Ensure full compliance to policies and guidelines.
- Provide necessary support to production and facility personnel to address all compliance issues and to ensure equipment is maintained at a level required to provide high reliability and to maximize useful life.
- Proactively work with engineering to identify multiyear equipment replacement needs.
- Develop and implement changes to the PM Program to ensure full compliance.
- Prepare department budgets for operating the Facilities Maintenance dept including the PM program. Maintain costs within the budgeted expenses within all areas of control.
- Identify and manage the need for capital investment in equipment replacement.
- Direct, administer and coordinate the activities of the exempt and non-exempt personnel. Train, guide, develop and evaluate personnel in the interpretation of company policies, goals and objectives.
- Maintain an adequate workforce to support present needs and plan for departmental requirements in the future.
- Manage the daily activities associated with the Energy Program.
- Manage the HEPA Recertification Program.
- Manage the daily activities associated with the BMS/EMAS Systems.
- BS in Engineering discipline required.
- A minimum of 5 years in a maintenance or engineering environment with demonstrated communication skills, technical knowledge and an ability to deal with ambiguities associated with the position.
- At least 5 years’ management experience of a technical group.
- Must have a working knowledge of cGMP's as they relate to a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical facilities, equipment and utilities, inclusive of their design, installation, and operation.
- Working knowledge of industrial maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Preventative Maintenance through experience and course work.
- Excellent communication skills.