Provides leadership for the small scale peptides to deliver superior business results and customer value. Responsibilities include implementation of the Peptide Strategic Plan including achieving market leadership and sustainable competitiveness on low volume peptides and ensuring best practices are effectively applied across the sites and larger scale peptides. Member of the Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the peptide strategic plan to affect a step change improvement in the time and cost to develop and manufacture low volume peptides. Achieve market leadership and sustainable competitiveness.
- Ensure business processes, the organization, and technology are effectively developed to win proposals and deliver projects on time with the right quality and cost.
- Collaborate with other sites to ensure best practices are effectively deployed across the network.
- Identify and assist with planning and implementation of technologies and business processes that will improve peptides efficiency at larger scales.
- Drive implementation of effective technologies and business processes to larger peptide scales.
- Effectively support Colorado’s business development through the technical evaluation, costing, recommendation, and development of new product opportunities associated with the site’s peptide project portfolio.
- Deliver positive outcomes with customers to win new and repeat business to meet peptide revenue and profitability plan.
- Effectively lead and manage the small volume Peptide team to meet project deliverables and shipments while maintaining high quality on EH&S standards.
- Implement innovative new business and technical processes through the development, technology transfer, and manufacturing work streams. Continuously improve systems to drive time and cost reductions.
- Ensure that capital investments are identified, evaluated, and implemented to support the peptide business strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and continuous improvement with GMP, regulatory, safety, and environmental regulations and local, state, and federal laws.
LEADERSHIP & BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct leadership to direct reports, and indirectly to support personnel. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Meet objectives for the Peptide COE through leading and managing a cross-functional team dedicated to the core capabilities for peptides.
- Directs the responsibility for the core peptide team. Core team members consist of process chemistry, analytical chemistry, technicians, and a project manager as needed.
- The team will have dotted line responsibility to their functional head for technical and other appropriate guidance. Responsible for establishing and developing the team into a high performing unit focused on effectiveness, and efficiency to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establish, implement, and maintain a system of work standards by developing guidelines and systems that ensure a consistently high level of technical work.
- Responsible for developing the budget for the peptide department and ensuring expenses are within the budget.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, provides input and supports site strategy and objectives. Sets department goals and milestones.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B. S. degree or equivalent in chemistry, engineering, or related field with at least 10 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.