Associate Director- Legal
Our client is looking to hire an Associate Director to provide prompt, accurate, and concise legal counsel to the company business across multiple sites and geographies in North America, with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism to sustain our business success.
- Managing legal risk position in US by ensuring that contracts reflect applicable business standards and best practices
- Building an appropriate framework of processes and associated documentation to assess and manage legal risk
- Evaluating and providing quality legal advice to the company’s highest level on all matters associated with current trading and operations
- Drafting, reviewing and management of contracts and agreements such as master services, supply, licensing, business development and M&A agreements
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of corporate issues to include employment, intellectual property (IPR), competition law, and real estate
- Ensure that Organization legal entities implement and adhere to appropriate governance rules consistent with corporate policies
- Reviewing and assisting in implementing changes to the corporate structure as and when required
- Assisting management with potential acquisition, divestment or joint venture projects and new business opportunities
- Active participation in various internal groups to ensure greater visibility and accessibility of the legal function so that the business can take advantage of in-house resources
- Assisting management in reaching effective resolutions of disputes that could range across HR, Tax and Commercial matters, Manufacturing, Environment etc.
- Managing the execution of any litigation, arbitration or other dispute resolution, including selecting and managing local outside counsel as needed
- Management/supervision of external counsel relationships, including evaluation and responsibility for cost and quality of services
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 7-9 years’ experience with key experience in the legal team of a multi-national / pharma / life sciences company
- A graduate degree in Law from reputed university
- Extensive hands-on experience in drafting, negotiating, and reviewing various types of legal documents, including business agreements such as master services, license, supply and M&A agreements
- Good understanding of global organization head-quartered in India with operations in NA and capability to work in a cross-cultural working environment.
- Ability to build strong, lasting and effective business relationships, cross border relationships and to cultivate and maintain the position of trusted advisor to business
- Proven ability to take responsibility for, and where necessary lead, the agenda on commercial discussions to get practical results;
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate complex issues in practical ways and to influence internal managers and external counterparties to get the right results;
- Time management: Ability to meet strict deadlines, and balance competing demands of working on several projects;
- Ability to balance work with minimal supervision, and the requirements of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and articulate legal implications and risks of multi-dimensional and complex issues.