Engineering Services/Field Service Essentia
Engineering Services/Field Service
Essential Job Function: The amount of travel for this position is variable and will be established prior to the start of employment; under 5% to 50% overnight (80% including local travel) to customer sites to provide instrument calibration services to Company customers. Perform calibration of pneumatic and electronic control instruments consistent with FDA and NIST standards. Support GAT Pharmaceutical Services Division with calibration of equipment and instrumentation. Experience required in reading and interpreting electric and pneumatic schematics. Computer literacy is a must; some experience in working with database is desirable.
General Information: Two-year degree in engineering technology or 5 to 7 years of related experience. Technical skills required: calibration experience with temperature, air flow, pressure and moisture sensing instrumentation; basic knowledge of PLC’s, computers, and control system components; and a comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceutical process equipment. Must posses a valid driver’s license. Knowledge of OSHA and NEC/NFPA guidelines required; ARC Flash training will be required. Must be able to work while standing on ladder. Knowledge or previous training in confined space entry is required for potential entry into confined spaces within Company supplied equipment under customer supervision.
This position is classified as a “safety sensitive” position and is subject to random drug testing.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform scheduled instrument calibration at customer sites and in Company pharma division. Instrument calibrations are to be done in accordance with written calibration procedures.
- Add calibration records to database and prepare calibration certificates. Maintain database records up to date.
- Proactively follow schedule for Pharma division and customer equipment calibration. Coordinate calibration activities with Pharma division.
- Make travel arrangements for customer visits according to the schedule. Arrange for all the items necessary for the upcoming calibrations.
- Prepare documents of field visits in a timely and professional manner. This will include calibration reports, field reports, daily labor logs and expense reports
- Maintain current certification of all individual and departmental NIST traceable calibration standards.
- Assist our Pharmaceutical Services Division in the maintenance, calibration, and repair of in house equipment, utilities and BAS system.
- Stay current with all SOP trainings. Recommend improvements in calibration procedures to improve efficiency.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance client relations to encourage them to maintain or purchase a calibration/preventive maintenance contract.
- Present at all times a professional and highly competent image to Company staff members and clients of the Company Group so as to instill confidence, respect and a desire to perform in a team environment, thereby enhancing revenues and advancing the growth of Company Air Techniques, Inc.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.