- Work on food migration studies, extractable & leachable, impurity isolation, identification, and structural characterization studies
- Work in a GMP analytical laboratory involved with FDA testing (food packaging and pharmaceuticals)
- Perform GCMS, HPLC-MS/MS, HPLC, GC, NMR, and analysis
- Participate in ongoing equipment maintenance and qualification
- Review data for technical content and regulatory compliance
- Interact with clients to design scientifically sound studies
- Maintain current expertise with all appropriate ICH, GMP, and FDA guidelines
- Coordinate the timely and compliant generation of data to support client projects
Requirements Educational Qualifications
B.S. to Ph.D. in chemistry or related field with 5+ years analytical laboratory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Relevant experience with good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality assurance is required.
Specific Skills and Requirements
- Experience with food migration and/or extractable and leachable studies
- Familiarity with packaging materials and polymers
- Experience with GC-MS, HPLC-MS/MS, HPLC, NMR, semi-prep chromatography, lyophilization, etc.
- Experience with lab procedures (extraction, solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, derivatization, dilution, etc.)
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and basics on statistics and data processing
- Must have basic knowledge chemicals their properties, structure, reactivity, and be able to handle them with safe and appropriate techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers and have good writing skills
- Must be able to effectively multi task