Business Development Executive West Coast (Remote)
San Francisco, CA
#2028 Business Development Executive – West Coast (Remote)
Our client is rapidly growing and a leader in North America providing Testing Services to the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industries.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) role develops new business opportunities for companies testing services and manages key customer relationships, in the life sciences sector. Primary focus of this BDE position will be on the Medical Device industry, where company has significant experience and expertise. The ideal candidate will have direct experience selling laboratory testing services, ideally with familiarity with Medical Devices or biotechnology, strong chemistry/microbiology/lab knowledge, proven success in sales, and experienced in customer service. Candidates in this role are responsible for achieving the sales and revenue targets for their assigned territory and industry segments.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Present company services to prospective clients in the Medical Device industry.
- Present proposals/quotations, secure Work Orders, and establish new clients by planning calls and visits.
- Close sales and achieve/exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Work with Project Managers to research accounts, identify key players, and generate client interest, both existing & new clients.
- Create detailed business plans, for specific geographic regions and end markets, to facilitate the attainment of personal goals and quotas.
- Responsible for achieving the sales and revenue targets for their assigned territory or industry segment.
- Maintain individual quarterly targets within an overall sales/revenue objective based on the individual customer, geography, or end market/industry segment to focus resources on specific areas of the business.
- Understand customer technical requirements and needs.
- Maintain and expand our CRM database of prospects.
- Qualify new sales opportunities and turn them into long-term partnerships.
- Provide continued professional post-sales support to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Negotiate terms/contracts.
- Adjust the content of sales presentations by studying the type of customer and specific need.
- Keep BD Management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as call reports, sales plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, services, turnaround times, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business field.
- 5-10 years of successful B2B sales of contract laboratory testing services into Life Sciences organization.
- Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Bioetchnology contract service sales experience is a plus.
- Strong science background (chemistry, microbiology, etc.)
- Proficient with the NetSuite CRM