CONF Manufacturing Manager
A growing oral solid dosage pharmaceutical manufacturing company in NJ is looking to hire a motivated Production Manager to oversee packaging & manufacturing operations. This role requires a professional with in-depth knowledge of compression and blending machine operations.
- Responsible for all aspects of a commercial operation for the manufacture and packaging of products according to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) which includes planning, scheduling, and executing the commercial requirements.
- Responsible for directing the staff in the maintenance of production equipment and facility
- Troubleshooting any issues that arise with compression and blending machines
- Prepare operation schedules and ensures production staffing is adequate to support the production schedule.
- Create and maintain all master documentation, SOP, MBR, PM Calibrations etc
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all activities and ensuring complete and accurate documentation.
- Responsible for all safety incidents and quality deviations that occur during manufacturing and responsible for the thorough investigation and timely reporting of such.
- Troubleshoot production problems, document findings, and implement solutions while providing all information to Management for risk assessment
- Support product development activities required to support the introduction of new products.
- Writes, revises and trains on Standard Operating Procedures within the department.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to support continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational excellence and maximize efficiency
- Organize and improve material storage and flow to eliminate losses and improve efficiencies
- Clearly communicates with subordinates and superiors any directions, issues, etc.
- Hires, trains, evaluate and disciplines personnel. Maintain training programs in compliance.
- Lead, coach and motivate manufacturing / packaging team
- 5 years experience in solid oral manufacturing/packaging in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience operating compression & blending machines
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and a strong focus on quality and safety
- Ability to coach, mentor and train employees