Quality Engineer- 2nd Shift
#1723: Quality Engineer
Under general supervision develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation and control systems/protocols. Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment; Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms, and equipment; Conduct quality assurance tests and performing statistical analysis to assess the level of control and manage product quality risks.
- Responsible for Quality System maintenance.
- Performs root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related issues.
- Identifies statistical methods relevant to the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the Quality System.
- Develops and performs training to build quality awareness throughout the company.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Research and Development and Engineering to ensure transfer of newly developed products that are in accordance with approved data and analysis.
- Conducts audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and works with cross functional teams to determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Assists in creation and maintaining quality documentation.
- Implements and maintains Statistical Process Control (SPC) for products and identifies potential process improvements.
- Conduct Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient product review.
- Evaluate impact of process improvement effort and manufacturing deviation on process validation and product design.
- Develop experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques (DOE).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related discipline required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in quality engineering role in chemical, rubber, or plastic industries.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, or are currently pursuing certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ISO 9000/ AS9100.
- Working knowledge and experience with LEAN, Six Sigma methodologies.
- Working knowledge in Design of Experiments (DOE), and ability to manage implementation of improvements.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical software strongly desirable.
- Understanding of statistical process and quality control principle.
- Skilled in metrology tools.