Process Chemist II
Rancho Cordova, CA
The Process Scientist II performs professional chemist assignments requiring use and application of standard chemical principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. This position aids projects in meeting established schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems.
- Perform guided experiments in a timely manner.
- Assist technical team in production support.
- Contribute experimental writeups for weekly reports.
- Participate in customer calls.
- Develops new methods or processes which require a comprehensive knowledge of chemistry and laboratory techniques.
- Compiles and evaluates test results.
- Prepares reports to document findings and recommendations as to processes, materials, and projects directions.
- Reviews related inputs such as tests and experiments conducted by other laboratory personnel.
- Coordinates with personnel in other disciplines to integrate findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to work efficiently both individually and as a team, by sharing ideas, and adapting to change.
- Ability to solve problems and has strong organizational and planning skills.
- PhD (preferred), Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Organic Chemistry
- 3-6 years related technical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of organic chemistry
- Knowledge of engineering basic principles
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Good communication skills (Oral and written)
- Organized, detail oriented and safety conscious
- Curious and creative