#1787: Bioconjugation Lead
Our client is seeking an experienced and highly creative chemist/biochemist to lead our pipeline bioconjugation efforts. The successful candidate will have a strong background in chemistry or biochemistry and a passion for driving drug discovery projects. The primary responsibilities will be managing CROs and training/mentoring internal scientific staff in the preparation and characterization of diverse and novel ADCs. In addition, the candidate will be a member of multidisciplinary project teams, collaborating with stakeholders in medicinal chemistry, antibody engineering, biology, and other functions to set project strategy. Candidates with backgrounds in medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, and related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Manage multiple CROs in the preparation, characterization and stability testing of antibody drug conjugates. Trouble shoot reactions and ensure that required conjugates are delivered to internal stakeholders and potential collaborators on time and within specifications.
- Hire and train lab staff in a wide range of bioconjugation and protein purification techniques. Work closely with medicinal chemistry team to advance ADCs from hit to lead, and lead optimization to candidate selection with an eye toward improving conjugation process and analytical characterization methods.
- Present written and oral reports to multidisciplinary teams.
- Contribute to the build-out and upkeep of an expanding laboratory through maintaining shared equipment, assisting with general laboratory housekeeping in collaboration with our Lab Manager, and developing processes for improving workflow efficiency.
- BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field
- 8-10+ years lab experience; PhD with 2-6 year industry experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with preparation, purification, and characterization of antibody drug conjugates required
- Strong CRO management skills preferred; experience mentoring scientific staff preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of various techniques and troubleshooting abilities related to producing ADCs on microgram to gram scale (site-specific, rebridging, lysine, etc, HIC, SEC, AKTA FPLC, mix mode HPLC, UF/DF, high-throughput/microscale conjugation, LAL, UV-VIS, etc). Demonstrated creativity in novel bioconjugation strategies desired.
- Clear communication and presentation skills; desire to represent our client to external stakeholders in areas related to bioconjugation.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of chemists, protein engineers, and biologists
- Proficiency with operating common laboratory equipment and maintaining laboratory infrastructure