Essential Job Function: Overnight travel up to 60% (80% including local travel) or as needed to complete responsibilities. Fulfill technical and field start-up responsibilities for all projects assigned by department supervisor. These include but are not limited to: Customer assistance, start-up of machine systems, training of machine users, preventive maintenance equipment reviews, rebuilds, site engineering evaluations and controls service, and review of system documents and drawings (mechanical, controls and validation).
Bachelor of Science in any Engineering study, Associates degree in any Engineering study, or 5+ years of relevant experience. Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, AC/DC voltages, hand tools, basic welding and metalworking, psychometrics, variable frequency drives, Allen Bradley PLC ladder logic. Familiarity with industry standards such as NFPA, NEC, and NEMA. Experience developing and interpreting control system drawings including P&ID’s, control system schematics, control panel layout drawings, and electrical and pneumatic interconnect diagrams. Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, and Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server. Confined space entry training maybe required for potential entry into confined spaces within Company supplied equipment. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This position is classified as a “safety sensitive” position and is subject to random drug testing.
Must be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide on-site engineering services including equipment FAT’s, commissioning, customer training, validation support, warrantee support, troubleshooting and service support for Company equipment and control systems at customer and subcontractor sites throughout the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Conduct/supervise field installation of electrical / mechanical components, new controls or retrofit equipment, or prepare instructional installation documents to clients and project teams.
- Troubleshooting of all electrical / mechanical issues at customer sites.
- Act as a liaison to the customer when on-site, and effectively communicate project delays, scope changes, customer relationship issues, technical deficiencies, etc. to the Company project team and to Company management.
- Work with and update Project Managers on all aspects of the assigned projects during entire project phase.
- Prepare labor summary forms and expense reports for all assigned projects.
- Spearhead electrical / mechanical issues for field work through the assigned Project Manager or Engineering Service department.
- Document all activities through the execution of checklists, protocols, drawing markups, and written trip reports as required.
- Demonstrate scheduling and travel flexibility in ability to respond to assigned field service requests from customer base in timeframe required, from immediate to long term.
- Provide engineering services in the field and within GAT. Duties including:
- Rebuilds of electro mechanical devices included on Company equipment or supplied sub-systems.
- Troubleshooting of all electrical, mechanical and controls issues as reported by customers.
- Preventative maintenance activities and reviews.
- Safety evaluations and report writing.
- Provide feedback and design suggestions to the Process Automation department as appropriate.
- Provide technical support to Company customers “in-house” in the form of telephone assistance and follow-up. Track and continually monitor issues ensuring issue is properly addressed and resolved.
- Provide consistent high quality service to all Company internal and external customers.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance positive interpersonal relationships with customers and staff members of the Company Group worldwide.
- Keep up to date on current trends in mechanical, controls and instrumentation technology.
- Professional growth through societies and management approved training seminars.
- Keep supervisor informed of progress on a routine basis.
- Maintain an orderly workplace.
- Must be willing and be capable to climb ladders and to enter restrictive spaces.
- Other duties as assigned by management.