Director, Supply Chain
Spring Hill, TN
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for managing and organizing the activities involved with the identification, procurement, logistics, material forecasting, capacity planning, master scheduling, warehousing, inventory control, and distribution of the products manufactured for our customers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee the activities of all functions/teams involved in Purchasing, Planning, Warehouse and control of materials from receipt to delivery of finished products to our customers
- Oversight of all Warehouse Operations to establish controls and manage inventory to agreed metrics to support the business
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs
- Implement and maintain purchasing procedures and strategies
- Lead contract, bids, proposals, and supplier agreements inclusive of incoterms for international contacts of sale.
- Develop and maintain systems, policies, and procedures to support supplier quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, cost, delivery and service.
- Periodically evaluate vendor’s agreements to ensure integrity maintains the most cost effective options possible for all materials
- Continued research of trends and advances applicable to commodities and raw materials
- Develop, lead, and maintain Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to achieve and support business objectives
- Support Customer Development for monthly revenue forecast
- Develop and maintain rough cut capacity planning (RCCP)
- Coordinate the schedule with Customers, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse, Quality, and R&D Departments
- Coordinate alternate action plans for schedule commitments and conflicts for all affected areas
- Lead and provide insight for strategic planning, problem-solving, and decision making
- Facilitates problem resolution and consensus building in support of plant compliance objectives
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of operation excellence, continuous improvement, cost reduction, on-time delivery, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, employee relations, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Establish positive and ethical relationships with all other departments and internal customers
- Accountable for the quality of work and performing duties in a timely manner
- Follow and enforce cGMP guidelines and processes as established in department SOPs
- Demonstrate professionalism in all Interactions with others
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years purchasing experience required; industry experience preferred
- Strong negotiation and management skills
- Effective in influencing others
- Experience sourcing direct and indirect materials
- Strong understanding of inventory planning, forecasting techniques, and operational systems
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge base of Microsoft Office and general computer concepts, advanced knowledge base of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Inventory Management Software - JD Edwards preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.