HR Business Partner
- Partners with client groups, organizational leadership to successfully implement change management and continuous improvement initiatives to advance departmental and organizational performance.
- Works with Talent Acquisition to ensure that key talent is hired and retained to meet strategic objectives.
- Identifies organizational capability, strengths, and gaps; partners to develop and implement plans to close skill and competency gaps with defined action items (i.e., development plans).
- Identifies and assesses talent pool through analysis of strengths, weaknesses, and potential of staff.
- Ensures that promotion and reward decisions are closely correlated with individual's assumption of new responsibilities, individual performance, and department performance.
- Ensure effective application of the annual performance management program through evaluation, analysis, and feedback.
- Identifies compensation issues that are legitimately impacting client groups and works with compensation analyst to address identified issues.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of career paths, and job / role description to ensure consistency of use.
- Manage employee relations issues to effective resolution.
- Monitors balance between the needs of individuals and business needs.
- Partners with managers to ensure that performance management process and progressive counseling process proactively address performance issues.
- Ensures career planning and Individual Development Plans are completed and that managers are equipped to deliver development discussion including proactive follow-up.
- Identifies opportunities where HR can provide novel and innovative approaches to unique business challenges.
Experience and Education:
- B.S. / B.A. Degree in relevant discipline (i.e., Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent) is required, Master's Degree preferred; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus. A current knowledge of relevant legislation, both at the federal and state level, is essential to this position.
- 7 plus years of experience as a HR Business Partner supporting a business unit is required.
- Prior experience in API or chemical manufacturing supporting 24/7 operations preferred.