Lexington, KY 40511
This position will serve as a site Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHS) Manager responsible to ensure EHS practices are in alignment with company policies, regulatory requirements, and permit commitments. Functions in this department will include: Process Safety Management (PSM), Industrial Hygiene (IH), Environmental & Security Management (ESM) In this role, the employee will be responsible to help establish, maintain, and improve an EHS management system (practices, policies, procedures, training, inspections, monitoring, etc.) that meets or exceeds relevant local, state, and federal regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, DOT, DEP (KY), and DEA regulations, while fostering an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with industrial standards for safety and environment, including OSHA, EPA, DOT, DEP (KY), and DEA regulations
- Management of the Environmental Health and Safety Programs at the Lexington site
- Establishment and continuous improvement of all EHS related matters
- Lead by example in establishing the Safety Culture for the site
- Perform training needs analysis for programs in specialty area and as directed.
- Creates, conducts, determine effectiveness of new and recurrent employee safety training. Engage outside sources where necessary
- Creates, conducts, determine effectiveness of all Job and Process Hazard Analysis for existing and new process and equipment
- Training as RC 14001 (or equivalent) lead auditor, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA
- Management and submission of all EHS required reporting for the site- submit local, state, and federal required reports (OSHA, EPA, DOT, ADEM, for example)
- Via PPE Assessments, recommend and select EHS supplies and initiate inventory system for the site supply
- Manage all site permits for waste water, air permit, and / or all other EHS related permit processes
- Liaison with potential and existing clients as the EHS SME • Control cost for EHS supplies by continuous improvement
- Develop EHS KPI’s for the site
- Act as site security manager
- Manage the emergency management action plan and ensure routinely reviewed and updated
- Manage, evaluate and implement appropriate projects that reduce costs, increase contributed value and improve quality
- Manage and Lead the Site Safety Committee- including meetings and communication to employee/management concerns, soliciting team participation in resolutions
- Organize and work independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines
- Participate and follow up on plant inspection items
- IH practice with high potent APIs preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in problem-solving
- Prior experience leading a team in a manufacturing or laboratory environment
- Ability to manage the business by analyzing data, developing countermeasures, implementing action plans and monitoring results
- Ability to communicate clearly to people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach employees to improve their performance with respect to EHS practices
- Ability to prioritize activities in order to allocate human resources and dollars
- Experience conducting surrogate monitoring studies
- GMP documentation experience.
- Completion of the SafeBridge Potent Compound Safety “Boot Camp”
- Experience with OSHA’s VPP (Voluntary Protection Program)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum Five years’ experience in an Environmental Health & Safety role in the chemical processing industry, preferably Pharmaceutical or GMP related industry.
- Must either be able to sit for CIH or CSP exam or possess the certification.
- Must be capable of reviewing, evaluating, and setting EHS policy
- Familiarity with state/federal EPA and DOT regulations affecting facility permitting and reporting, hazardous waste shipments, hazardous waste disposal
- Must be able to pass a DEA background check (as described by 21CFR1301.93)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills; demonstrated ability to develop relationships across departments and across the diverse workforce.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Experience conducting employee EHS training sessions
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)