Cedar Falls, IA
The company is developing an innovative technology for accelerated growth in the severe duty flow control market space. With this expansion, we have a newly-created role for a Senior Program Manager – NPD. This position will be responsible for the tactical execution of our newest pump, from prototypes through beta testing, manufacturing, and commercialization. You will work independently, lead cross functional sub-projects, recommend resolutions to address project risks, maintain progress reports, and drive accountability in the commitment to meet our business objectives. The initial and primary program will be the development and launch of the company’s new biopharmaceutical process pump.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and track program objectives, priorities, timelines, milestones, and budgets.
- Monitor and ensure alignment of project direction and expectations of senior business leaders to ensure the product strategies meet business, customer, and market needs.
- Navigate multifactorial problems that arise, requiring detailed information gathering, analysis, and investigation to understand, communicate, and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Direct activities for multiple work-stream teams through resourcing, status reporting, resolving issues, identifying project risks, and accountability for deliverables across multiple functional organizations.
- Establish meaningful metrics to measure and communicate project progress and quality.
- Provide leadership to ensure overall quality of project planning and execution, while proactively mitigating longer-term project issues and risks.
- Set clear direction and management that aligns with defined business practices and policies.
- Modify and adapt program management processes to fit project needs and improve operational efficiency.
- Communicate and lead meetings with project team and stakeholders, including briefings to Segment and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Provide input to functional department heads during Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process and related strategic planning activities.
- Motivate team members to ensure effective team dynamics, collaboration, and mutual accountability.
- Compare execution options across engineering, manufacturing, resourcing, etc. and propose optimized paths forward to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Partner with Commercial, Product Management and Marketing teams to understand the strategic intent and work with our development teams to support the business scope.
- Lead key milestone deliverables and phase gate reviews.
- Identify process gaps, solutions to those gaps and lead to process improvement.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Project Management, or similar required
- Must have at least five years’ experience in a project / program management role, leading projects from conceptualization through delivery, on time and on budget, in a team environment.
- Exceptional project management skills; knowledge of process and project planning best practices
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Able to communicate effectively to senior/executive leadership; presenting risks and countermeasures in a data-driven way
- Disciplined and able to routinely follow standardized processes
- Proficient at simplifying and communicating complex business challenges to stakeholders with varying backgrounds and levels of understanding.
- Proficient analytical, planning, organization, and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal/team effectiveness
- Results oriented and able to drive accountability in others.
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of related experience in biopharma or life sciences field and program leadership with demonstrated ability to move ideas from concept to development, to commercialization.
- Working understanding of regulatory requirements for single use bioprocessing products is preferred.
- Experience and/or certification in advanced project management (PMP preferred).
- Ability to take initiative on tasks and establish work requirements with high level direction.
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking and planning.
- Strong track record of leading projects requiring influence management skills and willingness and ability to institute change
- Significant manufacturing or engineering design experience with high level technical skills.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing, engineering, and consulting companies.
- Demonstrated capability to think and act globally across multiple facilities and cultures. Ability to develop and implement both local and non-local strategies for design, procurement, and manufacturing.
- Experience working with globally distributed and diverse project teams. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and all levels of corporate and company personnel.
- Cross functional leadership experience in a matrix environment.