QC Research Scientist
High Point, NC 27260
Seeking a highly motivated, energetic, results-oriented individual to join our Quality Control team of dedicated professionals focused on customer service and quality. We are currently accepting resumes for the position of QC Research Scientist. The role performs routine and non-routine analytical testing on raw materials, intermediate, and final products as well as in-process testing; performs data entry; writes deviations, and participates in OOS investigations. Ensures compliance with applicable Company SOPs and regulatory guidance.
- Perform routine and non-routine testing of raw materials, intermediate, and final products (may include stability).
- Provide support to the plant by performing in-process testing and analyzing cleaning samples.
- Maintain laboratory notebook.
- Ensure equipment is left in good working order after use.
- Perform laboratory upkeep (wash glassware, reorder supplies, check for expired chemicals).
- Mentor more junior level employees.
- Conduct training for colleagues.
- Able to handle heavier workload and multiple priorities without compromise to quality or turn-around time.
- Write deviations.
- Lead laboratory investigations.
- This position works with and handles hazardous materials and wastes in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, understand, apply and communicate written and verbal information regarding handling and managing hazardous wastes.
- Responsible for recognizing emergency situations concerning hazardous materials and wastes.
- Modify and create Analytical Procedures (infrequently)
- Modify and create SOPs (infrequently)
BS or MS in Chemistry (or closely related discipline). Strong comprehension and facility in quantitative/qualitative analytical Chemistry.
A minimum of at least 5+ years of strongly relevant background in GMP/QC-compliant analytical testing in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
Experience with and fundamental understanding of several of the following analytical technologies
- Basic wet chemistry
- Working knowledge of other analytical equipment common to the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment. Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel).