Associate Director, Operational Excellence
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the continuous improvement program and continuing to implement fundamental systems like 5S, TPM, and Lean Labs.
- Set goals, KPIs, plans, and milestones for projects. Support, and monitor execution, anticipate delays, and roadblocks; and address them efficiently while acting as a coach
- Collaborate and align with Global Operational Excellence program to ensure global objectives and programs are properly implemented
- Develop and train site wide on OE methodologies and help to implement an OE culture both on the shop floor as well as in professional groups.
- Initiate projects at any level (JDI up to Black Belt) by working with SLT and middle management to assign resources and priorities based on site and company goals.
- Coach and deliver complex Excellence Projects/initiatives following Lean Six Sigma methods and concepts
- Monitor program execution (pipeline, progress tracking, savings tracking) through monthly Excellence performance metrics; to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met by facilitating meetings with management, to review and examine project progress
- Display continuously the characteristics of a Change Leader in the organization to motivate colleagues to participate in Excellence Programs, by leading by example and bringing in success stories
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and internal customers, to ensure requirements are being met in the given projects
- Conduct regularly scheduled project reviews to ensure the achievement of expected results. Deploys experience in generating visual management tools and dashboards to measure and monitor quality, incremental revenue generation, cost reductions, and schedule metrics. Understands performance indicators (leading, lagging, process, key) and how they work together to drive sustainable improvement
- Capable of leading and managing multiple business-critical projects (CI and Kaizen events) at the same time within the organization
- Experienced in helping teams get to the root of the problem to be solved; conducts advanced data collection and analysis; is strong at process mapping and root cause analysis; and helps the teams understand the importance of this front-end work before launching into solution mode
- Improve the culture and competencies related to efficiency and continuous improvement within the company through Lean Six Sigma trainings, coaching, and projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required. Five years of continuous improvement accomplishments in a Production environment required; GMP experience desired and CDMO experience is a plus. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is a plus.