Field Service Engineer - Houston, TX
Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer will support customers by performing regular maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of laboratory instruments for our customers, which include pharmaceutical laboratories, research institutions, and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
This position provides the opportunity to learn new skills during our in-house, hands-on training program, which will fully prepare you to service centrifuges, FPLC, HPLC, Bioprocess skids, microplate reader, and plate washer instruments in the field and in our depot.
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and calibrations on laboratory instruments as well as the refurbishment of instruments.
- Promote the customer’s long-term interests by extending the life of their instruments.
- Effectively communicate with customers and account team members to troubleshoot, diagnose, provide repair updates, train end-users, and ensure full resolution of all customer needs.
- Establish fluency in relevant service documentation, including but not limited to preventative maintenance service reports, IQ/OQ documentation, and other service documentation.
- Create and properly maintain customer service logs and documentation
- Accurately input repair part orders, service records, and time entries
- Follow Company and customer on-site procedures, including customer GxP protocols, safety requirements, Company dress code requirements, and SOP’s
- Represent and promote the company in a positive, professional manner.
- Serve as a member of the customer account team by contributing your technical expertise to resolve customer questions, troubleshoot customer issues, and identify additional opportunities to serve our customers.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a major illustrating mathematical and/or engineering aptitude