Head of Investor Relations
#1819: Head of Investor Relations
The Director of Investor Relations is responsible for organizing roadshows and communicating the organization’s position to developing relations with appropriate institutional investors, brokers, and media.
This is a full-time role based in Miami, Florida. This position will require up to 20% travel.
- Partner with the company’s CEO in all aspects of Investor Relations activities
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external IR agencies in developing, implementing, and executing an investor strategic plan and communication strategy that drives an accurate understanding of the company story with the buy-side and sell-side
- Manage investor outreach strategy and IR calendar, including coordination of roadshows, analyst interactions and professional/ scientific meeting interactions with Wall Street
- Strategize, pitch, and coordinate participation in investor/ banking/ industry conferences
- Contribute to development of company’s overall branding, differentiation, and identity within the life sciences community
- Communicate frequently, proactively, and reactively with institutional investors, research analysts, and incvestment bankers
- Conduct peer research, targeting, and quarterly updating of target lists
- Maintain active investor/ analyst database of interactions with the financial community
- Contribute to the process for preparation of/ for corporate presentations, SEC filings, Board of Director meeting materials, annual shareholder meetings and annual report
- Develop materials for meetings, quarterly calls, investor events and other disclosures, including key messages, presentations, conference call script, press releases, and Q&As
- Monitor and analyze investor activity, stock price and volume trends, industry, and competitor developments to keep management team informed and prepare proactive and reactive plans as needed
- Provide accurate, consistent, and timely responses to all external inquiries from investors and analysts
- Communication skills – individual must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as exercise confidentiality
- Computer skills - individual must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Nasdaq IR Insights (or similar investor relations platform)
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Customer service – the individual manages difficult investor situations, responds promptly to investor needs, solicits feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments
- Planning/ organizing – the individual priorities and plans work activities and uses time efficiently. This individual is extremely organized and detail oriented
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Quantity – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner while managing multiple projects
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, prioritizes competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- At least five years of previous experience in a related biotech or pharma investor relations role is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects with limited supervision, as well as to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.