Manager of Engineering
Nebraska City, NE
The Manager of Engineering is responsible for the Technical Services/Validation Engineering department. As a Manager of Engineering, you will be responsible for resourcing, coordinating, and facilitating engineering projects with your team, from owning project assignments and progressing projects through the preliminary engineering phase into further stages.
- Lead and manage the Engineering department, including Technical Services and Validation Engineer employees and other personnel as determined on a project-to-project basis.
- Oversee, manage, and support calibration programs for the facilities, including production equipment, facility equipment (boilers, HVAC systems, Water systems, etc.) and other instruments.
- Generate, update, and approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Preventative Maintenance (PM) checklists, as well as write technical protocols and reports.
- Report on performance outputs and project updates and communicate with diverse audiences of internal and external personnel.
- Manage and support Change Control, Deviation and Corrective Action/Preventative Actions (CAPA) development, investigations, approval and implementation as assigned to the Engineering department.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of validation and engineering experience with experience in FDA and cGMP environments.
- Experience with managing people, including conflict resolution, team building and development skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and employee relation skills.
- Proficient in Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and other basic computer skills.