Principal Process Chemist
#1862- Principal Process Chemist
Responsible for providing strong technical leadership and documentation support for development and manufacturing processes. Responsible for the planning and execution of multi-step syntheses from laboratory to full commercialization. Works within a team-oriented environment with professionals from a variety of disciplines. Conducts research, analysis, synthesis, experimentation, and documentation for such purposes as process development, implementation, registration, validation, and process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Ensures that the chemistry is capable of meeting cost, yield, throughput, and QEH&S goals on assigned processes
- Leads large and/or multiple teams to accomplish the development, transfer, or implementation of technology at a lab or plant scale
- Develops and supports scalable processes and provides technical expertise and support during lab and/or plant operations
- Responsible for supplying management with specific project data to facilitate the budgeting process for the development, transfer and/or implementation of technology
- Develops and executes procedures, processes, and methods for solutions to chemical and technical problems on lab and/or plant scale
- Conducts research and development in order to improve manufacturing processes
- Possesses an individual area of technical expertise, which others consult them for advice on
- Adheres to GDP and SOPs in all aspects of work
LEADERSHIP & BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrates a positive attitude. Supports a positive, healthy, and flexible work environment that encourages employees and coworkers to develop their full potential and expand their horizons. Leads team in the development, troubleshooting, transfer, and improvement of chemical and analytical processes. Gives regular reports to and actively solicits feedback from management.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Every individual is personally responsible for the safety and environmental aspects of their activities in the workplace. Each employee is expected to perform their job duties in a safe manner utilizing all their knowledge, training, ability, and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Doctoral degree (PhD) in Chemistry and one year of postdoctoral experience, preferably specializing in Synthetic Organic Synthesis; plus, 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Peptide experience preferred.