Lab Informatics Manager
Deploys and manages laboratory information systems and solutions in GMP-regulated and development environments. Works with IT and laboratory personnel to implement, integrate, and support LIMS, CDS, ELN, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee vendors and service providers
- Management of future Informatics Specialist(s)
- Responsibilities will be related to data management and processing, ETL, data quality improvements, and reporting. May be tasked with developing and testing new data management solutions or consulting with laboratory management to solve problems for specific projects.
- Coordinate the implementation and adoption of laboratory informatics systems; integrate existing and new lab informatics systems; coordinate application support as the primary contact between users, internal IT, and vendors
- Administration of LIMS, CDS, ELN, etc.
- Data integration across lab and business information systems, using various technologies (e.g., SQL, Python, SAS, R)
- Consult with staff and lab managers to understand their high-level requirements and help decompose these into detailed technical requirements
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of research-related technical resources, and assist in matching research requirements to available data sources, technologies, and tools
- Identify potential enhancements in current systems and processes
- All other duties as assigned
- Firm grasp of local and cloud-based IT infrastructures and operations best practices
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, network and systems administration, data storage systems, and security
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Informatics, Chemistry, or related field, or equivalent certification and/or experience
- At least three years related experience required
- Extensive experience with CDS, LIMS, ELN, and related systems such as Agilent, Waters, etc.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and deploying IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Working knowledge of and experience with relational database systems such as Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, etc
- Experience and familiarity with industry-related standards and regulations for data integrity and electronic records (FDA 21 CFR-11, GAMP5, ALCOA+, etc.)