Director, Finance and IT
The primary purpose of the role is to effectively manage all financial tasks for the organization and maximize the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. In addition, timely identification and communication of risk is imperative as well as ability to be able to lead organization to understand financial implications of decisions and situations.
- Internal – Finance & IT teams – Managing teams to execute on core responsibilities
- Site Leadership Team - Interacting with site leadership team to achieve site goals
- AVP Finance, NA & Global Finance - Regional and global governance, operational & financial performance
- External – Auditors, Tax, Bank - External and internal audits, tax related matters, banking needs
Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting. CPA required, and MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience leading an accounting/finance department, preferably within a manufacturing company
- SAP experience highly preferred.
- Previous managerial experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and ERP systems.
- Strong business/commercial acumen and leadership skills.
- Ability to understand business process and provide leadership to all functions
- Financial Management.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, and the ability to work independently against multiple deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High ethical standards and the ability to maintain extreme confidentiality with sensitive company financial information.
- Have the ability to develop, perform, evaluate, and troubleshoot within a scientific discipline.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides status of financial condition of the entity by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data on a routine basis, and establishing actions plans where appropriate.
- Manages annual budgeting process
- Providing timely, accurate, and detailed forecasting for P&L, B/S, and Cash Requirements
- Assesses capital investment requests, payback, funding requirements, process and approvals
- Works as a key Business Partner supporting the Site General Manager on achieving the site’s financial goals, progressing the 5 year plan to FY26 as per the expectations and a key Leader in driving the site culture change to a multi-customer / multi project high performing CDMO
- Understands RFPs and contracts with all customers and how these dovetail with financial performance and seeks to maximize outcomes
- Maintains banking relationship with company’s financial institutions
- Adds value by identifying opportunities to maximize and improve financial performance as well as risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises Senior Management of actions and potential risks.
- Inventory management, including cycle counts, year-end physical inventory, and cost corrections/reconciliations.
- Complies with internal and external audits as required.
- Ensures effective expense controls across the business.
- Lead ERP development and implementation across site functions
- Collaborates with Human Resources to hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Stays up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.