Manager, Supply Chain - Distribution & Logistics
Manager, Supply Chain - Distribution & Logistics (3PL)
The Manager Supply Chain - Distribution & Logistics (3PL), manages relationships with 3PL external suppliers, and internal stakeholders including; Commercial Supply Chain, Free Goods Teams, Legal, Quality, Finance, Procurement and Distribution and Logistics to manage supply related activities, ensuring that systems, policies and procedures are in place and effective to meet the needs of the teams. The Manager will support strategic projects to solidify operating infrastructure, standardize documentation, build management systems, and enhance culture and competencies. Successful candidates will partner with functional leaders to understand and recognize business requirements, define solutions for continuous improvement, and support Commercial Operations, Trade, Marketing and Free Goods Teams.
- Assist with development of infrastructure to support short and long-term growth of the company’s External Operations Distribution and Logistics
- Partner with department to establish and update policies and procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate with 3PL’s and internal stakeholders for supply related requirements and challenges, including, but not limited to: Inventory movements based on MOH requirements
- Support ways of working continuous improvements and develop consistent tools for information sharing
- Ensure that the training curriculum is in place and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Act as business relationship manager for 3PL Suppliers developing mutually beneficial relationships and accountable to deliver high quality, reliable and efficient supply on time and in full, utilizing the company’s Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Monitor Supplier contracts for compliance with contractual terms.
- Lead Business Review Meetings with key Suppliers along with other appropriate periodic engagement to manage performance and manage the business relationship
- Manage KPI’s and scorecards and provide management oversight for the external network.
- Working closely with the broader Supply Chain and External Operations teams, set and maintain high performance standards across the external network.
- Identify, implement and monitor continuous improvement initiatives & performance measures with the external network.
- Represent the company across the external network in a manner consistent with our Purpose and Values.
- Facilitate agreement renewals and re-negotiate as appropriate to ensure most favorable terms while maintaining mutually beneficial outcomes
- Support statement of work negotiations, quality agreements, and master service agreements by working with the business to ensure they meet needs of the organization, adhere to business standards, and protect business assets
- Prepare performance reports for distribution to key stakeholders and in-line management
- Maintain up-to-date expertise for a broad range of technical, analytical and information systems skills through attendance of user groups, in-house training and outside seminars
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Pursue continuous improvement approach to support optimization of the supply chain
- Support other Supply Chain Projects and initiatives as needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's in Operations, Clinical Research, Supply Chain, Computer Science, Industrial Systems Engineering, or scientific discipline preferred.
- 3-5+ years of Supply Chain and vendor management experience required, including CMO and 3PL management experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project required. Knowledge of Smartsheet and SharePoint preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) is a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma certification or training preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Travel domestic and international – up to 25%
- Hybrid schedule
- Understanding of business operations processes and systems
- Able to synthesize and analyze data to help the External Operations Supply Chain team and other parts of the organization make decisions that drive value
- Understanding of 3PL management, distribution and shipping
- General knowledge of GXP
- Demonstrates flexibility through adapting to external environment influences through development of new strategies and tactics
- Excellent communication, influencing abilities, and strong collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage complexity