Director/Senior Dir of R&D- Aseptic
Hunt Valley, MD
- Coach and mentor the formulation and analytical development department leaders on meeting overall project goals by developing products and processes to meet the Quality Target Product Profile.
- Administer personnel performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team on department goals and objectives.
- Partner with leadership to review, adjust, and finalize the department budget.
- Aid the functional leaders in designing formulation trials and evaluate stability data to finalize formulation composition.
- Work and communicate with clients and Executive Leadership Team the course of the projects in the R&D project portfolio.
- Work closely with the development team to lead new and improved products, processes, and analytical methods.
- Guide the team to develop formulations by following QbD principles.
- Guide the team to develop accurate and precise methods that exhibit selectivity and robustness.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership Team to achieve company goals.
- Develop and expand the R&D expertise through recruitment, retention, training, and personal development.
- Support and maintain an organizational structure of Quality within the organization.
- Perform other job responsibilities and duties as assigned by company leadership to contribute to the effectiveness efficiency and growth of the department.
- Communicate the projects with Customers and Project Management.
- Design and recommend the purchase of equipment as per project requirements.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences with 10-15 years’ experience, MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences with 15-20 years’ experience, BS in scientific discipline with 20+ years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.