Director of Business Development
1920 Director of Business Development
Promote and sell Company services and expand their client base while fostering strong client relationships. The ideal candidate must have an existing Pharmaceutical client relationship portfolio (biotech’s, middle, large Pharma companies) that is strategic to the chemistry business and ideally fermentation business. Act as a liaison between clients and company Business Management and Operations teams located in Europe/USA/Asia. Essential to the role is the ability to identify, prospect and develop a new client base within existing and new market sectors. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The primary emphasis of this role will be to identify and develop new business and then transfer this business to the company line of services (process familiarization and scale-up, analytical methods development, manufacturing for Clinical Trials up to commercial, fermentation projects) by utilizing tactical, strategic and consultative selling approaches. Target companies will range from virtual biotech’s to medium and large pharmaceutical companies, focusing on outsourcing drug substance development and commercial production. Emphasis will be on establishing sustainable relationships with customers who have an ongoing need for company Group service offering. The successful candidate will be expected to build relationships with those companies looking to advance IND candidates and where integrated service offerings are most valued.
The primary measure of success in this role will be the achievement of annual sales targets.
- Conduct face-to-face client visits/meetings and/or teleconferences on a regular basis, document the substance of these meetings and will be accountable for proper follow-up and action plans to further the opportunity.
- Engage existing and prospective clients through face-to-face interactions with a heightened emphasis on new, prospective client engagement.
- Responsiveness and reliability to include timely communications with clients (call-backs within one business day) and a sense of urgency around RFPs/RFIs, proposals, scope of work forms, scope change orders, CDA’s, MSA’s, conference calls and maintaining sufficient customer intimacy.
- Participate in national and international sales events such as CPhI WW, DCAT, CPhI North America, ChemOutsourcing and Outsourced Pharma on a regular basis as determined by Chemical Development Business Management.
- Take an active role to become engaged in local biotech and other trade/professional associations conducive to build comapny visibility in the marketplace.
- Populate CRM Microsoft with relevant sales information in an effort to streamline efficiency of the sales/prospecting process, and to share leads and contact information internally; maintain an active sales/opportunity funnel.
Focus & Territory:
Territory will include a significant segment of North America. Travel could be up to 50-60% depending on home base.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (chemistry or engineering preferred) or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years chemical or pharmaceutical/CRO-CDMO sales. Experience required.
- Italian speaking would be a plus.