Director of Operations
Director of Operations
The Operations Director will serve as a leader in the company overseeing, Production, Warehouse, Technology Transfer, Facility & Maintenance departments with the main purpose of managing the delivery of products and services to our Customers by maintaining Compliance, Right First Time(RFT), and On-time in Full Delivery (OTIF). Provide leadership and expertise to related department activities allowing for efficient and robust development, manufacturing, and commercialization of existing and new products. The Director of Operation will be an integral member of the Senior Management Team and provide strategic and tactical leadership in relation to business needs, organizational development, succession planning, and budgeting. Strategic and operational leadership for the site in alignment with the vision and objectives
- Provide leadership in meeting customer requirements and timelines and developing and aligning teams to meet leading and lagging Key Performance indicators. KPIs
- Safety - Providing cultural improvement to improve mindset and behavior for positive enforcement of Safety Culture
- Quality- Maintain Right First Time (RFT), Problem-solving to put effective CAPAs, Deviation & CAPA closure on time, and positive reinforcement of the quality culture.
- Delivery - On-Time in Full (OTIF),
- Productivity – Improve performance to meet Plan Vs. Scheduled, Reduce downtime to increase efficiency and Maintain Budget
- Operational Excellence (OE) and Sustainability focus in the operations
- People – Coach and mentor teams to help them succeed in their jobs. Provide feedback to employees to improve their performance.
- Provide leadership and expertise to ensure that project and company goals/timelines are consistently met and appropriately communicated to internal and external customers.
- Participate in assessing potential new projects and provide technical input to the Proposal team regarding the project's feasibility.
- Perform site leadership responsibilities during regulatory and client audits
- Conduct reviews and provide approval of company policies and procedures
- Assess data provided by Operation departments and determine if any additional information is required to comprehensively address the requirements of a Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Provide input to the proposals for potential and existing clients, including services with associated costs and timelines that will be provided for their specific project.
- Develop and maintain working timelines that detail project tasks and associated timelines
- Initiate operation meetings as required to ensure all departments understand the scope and timeline of specific projects.
- Update and educate potential and existing clients with respect to Riverview capabilities, requirements, and project scope/status. Ensure that project scope is maintained and inform clients and employees when required activities are out of scope and subsequently provide proposals to cover associated costs for those activities.
- Regularly communicate with all departments to keep abreast of project progress and communicate activities with clients as needed.
- Assist in Business Development activities as needed to attain additional work and projects.
- Support Plant Startup for an expansion project
- Provide URS to the engineering for completing the Engineering projects on time.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ATTAINMENT
Bachelors/Master's degree in Engineering (preferably in chemistry or chemical engineering) or MBA Operations
JOB RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum ten (5-10) years of experience with small-molecule drug discovery and/or development in a Life Sciences Company.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE CRITICAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Creative, independent with a strong background in API Manufacturing.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Able to communicate to all levels of the company.
- Solid analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with substantial attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in project management methodology
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks with strict deadlines.
- Staff Leadership
- E.H.S Focus
- Passionately Reliable
- Rapid Responsiveness
- Innovative Efficiency
- Staff Leadership
- Director, Operations reports directly to the Executive Vice President, North America API & Formulations
- Director, Operations has direct reports: (Production Manager, Maintenance and Facilities Manager, Technology Transfer Manager, Warehouse Manager, Administrative Assistant Operations and Operational Excel