Senior Process Chemist (Peptides)
Acts to drive and demonstrate the technology for the planning and execution of development and implementation of chemical processes. Ensures that the chemistry is sufficient to meet goals on process yields, throughputs, and QEH&S requirements. Responsible for sampling, labeling, and storage of raw material and intermediates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes experiments and syntheses of small molecules and peptides while working on a project team
- Performs peptide synthesis using commercial peptide synthesizers
- Conducts analyses of samples using established or routine methods
- Provides technical support to lab or plant processes
- Works effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Presents work orally and in form of written development reports
- Adheres to GDP and SOPs in all aspects of work
- Independently plans and executes experiments, while working in a project team, toward development of viable commercial processes
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of technical issues and the requirements of a viable manufacturing process
- Executes procedures, processes, and methods for solutions to chemical and technical problems on a lab or plant scale
- Ensures that the chemistry is capable of meeting cost, yield, throughput, and QEH&S goals on assigned processes
- Leads a team to accomplish the development, transfer, or implementation of technology at a lab or plant scale
- Develops and supports scalable processes and provides technical expertise and support during lab or plant operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Organic Chemistry and 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Peptide experience preferred.