Manager, Sourcing and Procurement
The Manager, Sourcing and Procurement is responsible for managing a broad, high-level approach to sourcing, incorporating business and corporate objectives and maximizing vendor value including the sourcing and procurement activities for the assigned Direct Materials categories of spend. The individual must meet financial performance expectations, exceed customer requirements, and create value for business partners while facilitating continuous process improvement and challenging the status quo.
- Proactively work with the Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain to identify their sourcing needs and develop and implement sourcing strategies to ensure those needs are met.
- Partner with the Associate Director on the preparation, negotiation (T&C, budget, payment terms), execution, compliance and administration of vendor selection and contractual agreements in support of, ensuring adherence to the outsourcing strategy, company policies and procedures, in collaboration with, finance and legal.
- Assist with spend analysis for the assigned categories as required.
- Assist with supplier, industry and market analysis as required.
- Negotiate long term preferred agreements with key suppliers
- Support other categories of Procurement as directed by supervisor.
- For specific areas of responsibility, ensure common purchasing standards, formal bidding processes, reviewing request for proposals (“RFP’s”), submitting RFP’s, receiving proposals, working to select preferred providers, awarding work, etc.
- Identify potential supply risks and take necessary actions to ensure supply continuity. Identify new sources of materials and packaging materials.
- Assist with the category management process, to segment the supply base and identify key suppliers. Monitor supplier management program as necessary.
- Develop good working relationship with the stakeholders in manufacturing operations and supply chain; understand their long- and short-term business plans and budgets.
- Act as a liaison between the suppliers and businesses to resolve any issues.
- Report savings against established savings targets on a periodic basis utilizing the approved savings methodology. Ensure annual savings targets are met.
- Maximize opportunities in accordance with vendor diversity requirements.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BAS in Business Administration, Finance, or related area.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in sourcing & procurement of pharmaceutical direct materials including APIs and excipients, packaging materials, etc.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Sourcing and procurement processes.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical supply chain, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of the Category Management process.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to act as a change agent.
- Be able to work in a cross functional team and lead sourcing projects.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and demonstrate agility around competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Procure to Pay (P2P), Spend Analytics tools, eSourcing, and Microsoft Office tools.