Operational Excellence Program Manager
This position will play a crucial role in improving the efficiency, productivity, and overall performance of the company’s site. The Operational Excellence Program Manager is responsible for developing, leading, and implementing strategies to enhance the organization’s operational processes, improve quality, reduce costs, and drive overall performance improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an Operational Excellence strategy for the site and assure alignment with company values.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles and methodologies to eliminate defects, streamline operations, and drive continuous improvement.
- Design and implement a tiered meeting structure and performance management boards.
- Support the development of Operational Excellence capabilities at the site by providing guidance, training, and coaching of Operational Excellence methodologies.
- Lead the development and implementation of site KPI’s and analytics. Use data analysis and metrics to assess process performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and make data-driven decisions.
- Manage Operational Excellence projects through the application of Lean manufacturing strategies and methodologies to improve production efficiency, reduce waste, and increase quality.
- Lead root cause analysis sessions.
- Develop training and education strategies and tools to ensure Lean and Six Sigma expertise.
- Coach and mentor Lean Six Sigma practitioners in developing improvement strategies and using the Lean Six Sigma tools in-line with problem complexity.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the site, fostering innovation and best practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience including demonstrated experience in creating Operational Excellence strategies and implementing Six Sigma and Lean programs across a manufacturing site.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited institution.
- Certification in Lean and Six Sigma, or other related methodologies. Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Experience working in regulated environments. Preferred experience in cGMP environments that meet FDA, ICH guidelines, local regulations, and industry best practices.
- Prior experience coaching for transformational change in the area of Operational Excellence and Lean improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work. Start-up experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations.
- Advanced computer skills with working knowledge of MS Project, Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc