Get to Know Germer- John Germer Part 1
Interviewed by Alexandra Paul
- When did you start up Germer International? I began Germer International in 2002. First started the business in my daughters’ bedroom before they were born then moved to our basement, then slowly increased our workspace to where we are now!
- How did you get your idea or concept for the business? I had experience over the years with recruiting but did not want to work for the same people I had been working for. I needed a job and wanted to be in charge.
- How did you know you wanted to create a recruiting company (specifically)? Originally, I did not want to create a recruiting company, but it was the only option to do things the way I wanted to do them. I did not want to have to recreate something I had created before. I knew I wanted my company to be centered around Pharma, but I didn’t know about any other recruiting firms that did only pharma and valued quality. I started my own company to make sure the quality would maintain itself.
- Did you have any help from anyone while creating this business? My wife, Melissa, and Kelly, who I had known before starting the business.
- How did you build your team? How did you determine how many members you wanted? As soon as I felt that the people I hired were trained enough, I would hire more people. Giving proper training is significant to being successful and some people over hire/do not give proper training.