Get to Know Germer- John Germer Part 2
Interviewed by Alexandra Paul
- What was the toughest part about starting up this business? Building from nothing and starting all over. For example, I had to start a new database. I was lucky that my relationships were still intact, and I knew a lot of people, so this was not a struggle. I also never needed to make a name for himself.
- Did you experience any failures? If so, how did you overcome them? Recently, our business went down the wrong path and we made the decision to refocus/move and upgrade our office. We made sure all members were on the same page of how they were going to grow. Changing venues was done in order to make the point that they we were going to improve the company and do everything better.
- What piece of advice would you give high school/college students who want to become entrepreneurs? Make sure you know what you want and make sure you are going to enjoy doing it or don’t do it.
- What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Be honest with yourself as to what you want
- Constantly work at keeping your energy up
- Discipline yourself and your company to build on “good habits”
- What is the best part about having your own business? The freedom to do what you want to do and what you think is right.
- What do you love most about Germer International? I value the outstanding and hardworking people I work with. In anything we do, it is a great opportunity to advocate. At GI, we have the freedom to choose candidates. We get to decide who and what we want to sell. If we don’t like a candidate, we go find another candidate.