Get to Know Germer!
Name: Kelly Mikulski
School: University of Pittsburgh
Minor: Math and Psychology
- What is your title at Germer? Director HR and Finance
- When did you start at Germer/ how long have you been here? John hired me out of college at another company and then I followed him to GI when he started this company. I have worked for John for a total of 21 years.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to someone job searching? Don’t be afraid to try something you don’t know much about. When I graduated college, I was still not sure what type of job I wanted to pursue. I answered an ad for a Research Associate and fell in love with what I was doing and made a career out of it.
- What is your favorite part of life at Germer? My co-workers and the supportive team atmosphere that is present throughout the company.
- What is your favorite part of working with candidates from start to offer? Forming a relationship with a candidate. Finding common ground and sharing stories. Helping them pursue their career goals.
- What is the most challenging part of this job and how do you overcome this challenge? When I first started it was speaking with strangers. Learning to not think too much about how I thought the conversation would go and just picking up the phone. Being okay with not having all the answers and telling the candidates that I didn’t know but would get back to them with the answer.
- What is the most important lesson you have learned since working at Germer? Don’t be afraid to try something new, to get out of your comfort zone. You normally make things out to be much bigger and more difficult then they turn out to be.