Get to Know Germer- Aditi Parikh
Name: Aditi Parikh
School: Temple University
Minor: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Graduation Year: 2020
- What is your title at Germer? I am an Associate Recruiting Intern.
- When did you start at Germer/ how long have you been here? I started here in January 2020, been here for 2 months now.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to an intern searching for internships? Try to find relevance between the job you are looking for, the job you are applying to and your resume. Usually, it is challenging to get selected for an interview when the resume does mot align w
- ith the JD.
- What is the hardest part of transitioning into working at Germer and taking classes? It becomes difficult to balance both work and college life. With all the assignments and exams, it is also extremely important to stay on top of everything at work.
- What is your favorite part about working at Germer? My favorite part at Germer is coming across new people from CEO’s to graduates, you get to meet a wide variety of people from all walks of life.
- What is your favorite part of working with candidates? My favorite part of working with candidates is helping them get closer to their dream jobs and getting to know the existing talent in the market.
- What is the most challenging part of this job and how do you overcome this challenge? It is difficult to turn a candidate down when they are not selected for the position they were submitted to. However, letting them know that you will keep their resume on file and get in touch with them if any relevant opportunity came up helps lighten the moment.
- What is the most important lesson you have learned since graduating college? I haven’t graduated yet but since this is the last semester before I graduate, I have learnt that life does not revolve around your smartphone. It is important to put it down every now and then. Look around you and take life in through your senses versus your fingertips.